Thursday, July 24, 2008

No News

Is good news, I hope? I didn't hear from Brad yesterday- I was bummed, but figured either the phone isn't working as they'd hoped, or maybe that they have been so busy that the only downtime he had was after dark and he didn't feel like it would be a good idea to wander out to a hill outside of town to try and get a signal. I'm hoping that the phone works, but he's just being wise. :) Maybe I will hear from him today. I will let you know if I do! I really miss him and it's a bit of a stretch for me to not have contact and try not to worry when it seems to be programmed into my very nature to do the opposite! :) I know he's in good hands, though, and I have peace that the Lord will care for him- and for me. :)

We have been very busy in Austin with my extended family. This morning is the memorial service for my dear Granny, who went to be with Jesus on Sunday morning. She is in an infinitely better place, but it is hard for those of us left behind. Please pray for our family- especially my Papa, who has been her husband for 59 years, and my mom, aunt, and uncle, to whom this hits as close to home as it can get. We will all miss her.

1 comment:

Christi said...

You and your family will be in our prayers. I'm here if you need to talk...
Christi