Tuesday, August 12, 2008

God's Grace:  We all got back intact and even as friends, as far as I know.  For me- almost no arthritis pain the entire time, no muscle spasms and to show that it wasn't diet or anything like that, the aches started coming back at O'Hare.  I lost four pounds eating a lot of food I thought was very good, by the cooks at Nyangezi.  But we missed meals because of traveling.  Even then, I never was hungry.  We were squashed a lot when traveling but we complained very little. 
      My roommate was perfect for me, and if you know Lois, you know why.  She always seemed to have physical things I needed, and scriptures and prayers and grumbles I needed.   One time after the water had run for 5 minutes,  I announced, "There still isn't any hot water."  She mumbled,  "It probably comes from two blocks away."  She made me laugh a lot. 
     I also want to say to our friends in Bukavu and Nyangezi, if you are reading this, we love you. Many of us feel that you  did more for us than we did for you.  We can't ever match what some of you did for us, setting aside your own lives, to care for us.  We won't forget you and will pray for you.  We want to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit regarding the future. 
 There are a lot of things wrong there, just like there are in the rest of the world.  But our struggle is not against flesh and blood , but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.  Eph. 6:12  And:  Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls.  Matt. 11:29  by Rachel L

No comments: